“Agarest Generations of War is the best JRPG on the market today! It offers a ton of adventure, intense story lines, and fighting that total up to be more than 100 hours of gameplay. And the best thing about it is that you control all parts of the characters development and even each generation of powers! What more can you ask for in a game? Nothing! Agarest has everything.” 9.5/10 – At7addak
“Strategy RPG fans will find themselves spoiled with Agarest.” 8/10 – zomgplay
“…A classic exponent of the SPRG genre” 7.5/10 – games969
At the dawn of time, a terrible war raged between the forces of good and evil, ending in the destruction of the world of Agarest. After their victory, the Gods of Light unified the decaying bodies of the Gods of Darkness and created a new world.
Now, the forces of darkness are awakening once again…
Choose the path of Darkness or Light through a truly epic story, spanning multiple generations
Battle hundreds of different creatures using an array of character abilities, in a compelling and innovative turn-based combat system
Build your ultimate army of warriors and master Extra Skills, Special Arts and Over Kills to defeat colossal enemies!
Unite with your chosen heroine and use the “Soul Breed” system to shape the fate of the next generation of heroes
Agarest: Generations of War – Exclusive game features!
Agarest: Generations of War includes many unique features that cannot be found in any other Strategy Role Playing Game. Here’s a summary of some of the best:
Extended Area is the “Linked Area”” set for both your party and your enemies. Each character in the game has a uniquely shaped extended area. When a character’s turn comes around, all other characters in the Extended Area of the character in play (and characters in the extended areas of those characters!) can combine in an extended attack. This allows you to chain your party’s attacks together, allowing access to more Arts and huge Combos!
You can upgrade various Items and Equipment at the Blacksmith’s Guild in two different ways:
By Enhancement: You can enhance equipment to a maximum of Level 5. Once an Item is enhanced to Level 5, you can convert the Item, changing it into something else. This process is irreversible and the original item is lost. Experimentation reveals some great new items!
Through Alchemy: Alchemy allows you to combine several items to create a single, more powerful piece of equipment. While you lose the items used in the alchemy, you gain a powerful new piece of equipment and permanent access to your new item in the Shop! Alchemy can create powerful new weapons and armour but occasionally a Smithing Accident will occur and the smith will create a different item than what you expected!
The “”Soul Breed”” system
Agarest takes place across 5 generations of heroes, starting with your first character, Leonhardt. During each generation you will build relationships with 3 different female party members, and at the end of each generation’s story arc you must choose to marry one of the girls.
Your choice of marriage partner is restricted to girls who’ve grown fond of you over a particular generation. Your options are determined by your choices during conversations at certain points of the story.
The girl you choose as your wife – and the strength of their relationship with you – will determine the abilities of the main character in the next generation of the story. You’ll have to experience multiple play throughs to see all of the character possibilities open to you! What heroes might you create?
Free DLC included:
- Basic Pack – A basic package. It contains 1 each of Resurrect, Capture, and Resist Direction, 2 each of Heal and Refresh, and 5 Vessels of Life.
- Offense-Defense Pack- Contains 1 Adaka, 1 Shield Sword, 1 Bird Eye, 1 Magic Frame, 1 Critical Hit, and 2 Seeds of Happiness.
- Additional-Points Pack 1 – Contains 10,000G, 100PP, 250TP, and 500EP.
- Recovery-Skill Pack – Contains 2 Light Heals, 2 Harvest Heals, and 2 Cure Alls, as well as 1 Prayer, 1 Gospel, and 1 Counter.
- Flower Pack – Contains 1 Lucky Charm, 1 HP Up, 1 Resist Ailments, 1 Restore HP 15%, and 1 Restore AP++, as well as 2 Moonlight Flowers, and 3 Tree Spirit Souls.
- General-Purpose Pack – Contains 1 Magic Blade, 1 Partisan, 1 Battle Frame, 1 Bracelet of Feicui, and 1 Item Drop Rate Up, as well as 2 Shiny Fangs, and 2 Advanced Heals.
- Add-on Dungeon 1 – An add-on dungeon for generation 1. An uncharted adventure awaits you on the Holy Island of Erin!
- Add-on Dungeon 2 – An add-on dungeon for generation 2. A new frontier waits to be explored along the Trum Coast!
- Add-on Dungeon 3 – An add-on dungeon for generation 3. It’s time to reunite with old friends at Magna Val!
- Add-on Dungeon 4 – An add-on dungeon for generation 4. Embark on an exciting journey to the mysterious Tresor Island!
- Add-on Dungeon 5 – An add-on dungeon for generation 5. Embark on one last adventure into the Deep Forest Naruvia!
- Amateur-Breeder Pack – Contains 2 Mithril Beast Claws, 2 Large Mithril Claws+, 2 Big Beast Fangs+, and 2 Stardust Fangs+. This is the week to adore your dog.
- Top-Breeder Pack – Contains 2 Stardust Claws, 2 Mithril Beast Claws+, 2 Beast King Fangs+, and – 2 Stardust Claws+. Your monster will look nice and pretty with this wonderful new items!
- The Role-model Pack – Contains 1 Langguth Sword, 1 S.O.C., and 1 Extra Frame. “”Langguth Sword. A holy sword that shines with the sacred light of god.”” Wow, it couldn’t be more perfect!
- Ceremony Pack – Contains 1 Alfa Beld Spear, 1 Gate of Hell, and 1 Chaos Frame. These seem like something you use to open a portal to the netherworld, don’t they? Be careful…
- Elegant-Holiday Pack – Contains 1 Washer, 1 Man’s Fist, and 1 Halper Scythe. Wash your dog with the Washer, equip yourself with the Man’s Fist, and throw the Halper Scythe. Go fetch! This will add a little spice to your weekend–uh, no. Scythes aren’t meant for throwing. That would be really dangerous. Seriously.